My extensive experience as a senior manager in local authorities and the voluntary sector equip me for a wide range of consultancy work.
Examples of recent consultancy work:
A local charity was successful in securing funding over 3 years. They asked me to carry out a review of their organisation to enable them to use this money to the best advantage of their clients.
The review included talking to service users, staff, volunteers and trustees, as well as a desk top review of key documents. These were used to develop a report focusing on:
- The charity's track record to see where and how it had developed its strengths
- Looking at the organisational structure you have, to see how this has supported to date and will be fit for purpose in the future
- Next steps
The charity trustees fed back that - alongside the outside perspective - one of the most useful things was the next steps action plan.
ACTION PLANNING WITH DIRECTORS AND TRUSTEES
This involves taking an overview of organisational governance and identifying areas to work on. These have included:
- Developing policies and procedures
- Staff structure reviews and restructures
- Support with specific staffing issues
- Support with saFeguarding
- I have extensive experience in the management of safeguarding. This is supported by my role as Lead Volunteer for Safeguarding for Girlguiding.
- I have experience in undertaking Section 11 Safeguarding Audits for organisations and also working with trustees to benchmark their practice against Charity Commissioner guidance
- Alongside safeguarding, my specialist areas are audits of supervision files and processes, and recruitment and retention. As part of the audit, directors and/or trustees are offered full and comprehensive feedback and support with action planning.
I am experienced in writing funding bids and have successfully secured income from different funders from £500 to a formal tender process for a £7 million contract. I am happy to help you look for suitable funders, write bids and develop project proposals.